Trekking and Karen Culture
2 Days Private excursion
What will you experience during your trekking
- Karen tour guide
- Trek through the Thai jungle
- Learn about the fauna and the flora
- Discovery of the Karen culture
- Sleep overnight at a Karen camp
- The beautiful Muai Puai Waterfall
- Bamboo Rafting
- Unforgettable, authentic experience
Start around 9:00 a.m. from Chiang Mai Elephant Friends with your Karen guide and walk through the Thai jungle (approximately 3 hours) (400 m positive and 200m down). You will learn about the fauna and the flora on the trail.
Arrive at the beautiful Muai Puai Waterfall, rest and swim in the freshwater for the bravest Then go to the Karen Hill tribe village Ban Huai Hoi (200 m positive) at the beginning of the afternoon. You will have the time to witness their everyday lives and learn about their lifestyle, traditions, and culture with your guide.
After exploring the Karen village, hike a short way to the evening camp nestled beside the Karen village. Enjoy a tasty Thai meal cooked by your guide and your hosts.
Enjoy your breakfast and fresh local coffee with a scenic view of the Mae Wang Valley. Now it’s time to leave your hosts for a 3-hours walk downhill. You will go through another Karen village and waterfall.
After a Tai lunch, you’ll go back to the resort by bamboo rafting. A great way to finish your adventure in lush nature on a shallow river.
- An English-speaking Karen guide
- Thai food (vegetarian option available upon request).
- One night in a Karen camp
- Bamboo Rafting
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses like extra beverages, tips
What to Bring
- A small backpack
- Hiking or sports shoes
- Flip-flops or sandals
- A bathing suit and towel
- Extra changes of clothing (t-shirts, shorts, socks, underwear)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- A flashlight
- Personal toiletries and toilet paper
- Money for small purchases such as drinks and hill tribe craft
- Long pants, jacket and socks during the cool season (November to January)
- A light raincoat during the rainy season (June to September)
- Private tour for at least 2 people
- Timing is approximate and depends on the weather and the pace of the group members.
- This tour is for people in good physical condition. It’s not suitable for young children.
From and to Chiang Mai Elephant Friends:
3,200 Baht / people if 2 or 3 guests | 2,900 Baht / person if 4 or 5 guests and 2,500 Baht / person if 6 guests or more
From and to Chiang Mai city or the airport:
(If you stay at the resort, the transportation can be the check-in and check-out days)
3,900 Baht / people if 2 or 3 guests | 3,500 Baht / person if 4 or 5 guests and 2,900 Baht / person if 6 guests or more