Trekking and Karen Culture
1 Day Private excursion
What will you experience during your trekking
- Karen tour guide
- Trek through the Thai jungle
- Learn about the fauna and the flora
- Discovery of the Karen culture
- The beautiful Muai Puai Waterfall
- Bamboo Rafting
- Unforgettable, authentic experience
Start around 9:00 a.m. from Chiang Mai Elephant Friends with your Karen guide and walk through the Thai jungle (approximately 3 hours) (400 m positive and 200m down). You will learn about the fauna and the flora on the trail.
Arrive at the beautiful Muai Puai Waterfall, rest and swim in the freshwater for the bravest
Then go to the Karen Hill tribe village Ban Huai Hoi (200 m positive) at the beginning of the afternoon. You will have the time to witness their everyday lives and learn about their lifestyle, traditions, and culture with your guide.
You’ll go back by 4-wheel car and stop on the way to finish your trip by bamboo rafting—a great way to end your adventure in lush nature on a shallow river.
What to Bring
- A small backpack
- Hiking or sports shoes
- Flip-flops or sandals
- A bathing suit and towel
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Money for small purchases such as drinks and hill tribe craft
- A light raincoat during the rainy season (June to September)
- Transportation back to Chiang Mai Elephant Friends
- An English-speaking Karen guide
- Thai food (vegetarian option available upon request).
- Bamboo Rafting
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses like extra beverages, tips
- Private tour for at least 2 people
- Timing is approximate and depends on the weather and the pace of the group members.
- This tour is for people in good physical condition. It’s not suitable for young children.
From and to Chiang Mai Elephant Friends:
1,600 Baht/person if 2 or 3 guests | 1,400 Baht/person if 4 guests or more
From and to Chiang Mai city or the airport:
(If you stay at the resort, the transportation can be the check-in and check-out days)
2,200 Baht/person if 2 or 3 guests | 2,000 Baht/person if 4 guests or more
We recommend booking in advance to secure your excursion.
Book via email or Facebook Messenger and pay at the resort.