Trekking and Karen Culture
1 Day Private excursion
What will you experience during your trekking
- Karen tour guide
- Small trek to the beautiful Muai Puai Waterfall
- Learn about the fauna and the flora
- Discovery of the Karen culture
- Bamboo Rafting
- Unforgettable, authentic experience
Start around 9:30 a.m. from Tawan Riverside and reach Huai Hoi Karen village by four wheels drive. Your guide will wait for you and you, and after a first visit to the village, you will walk downhill for less than 1 hour. On the way, you will learn about the fauna and the flora on the trail.
It’s time to relax and enjoy the beautiful Muai Puai Waterfall, rest and swim in the freshwater for the bravest. After a picnic with Thai Food, walk back to the Karen Hill tribe village. You will have the time to witness their everyday lives and learn about their lifestyle, traditions, and culture with your guide.
Go back to the resort by car and stop on the way to finish by bamboo rafting—a great way to end your adventure in lush nature on a shallow river.
What to Bring
- A small backpack
- Hiking or sports shoes
- Flip-flops or sandals
- A bathing suit and towel
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Money for small purchases such as drinks and hill tribe craft
- A light raincoat during the rainy season (June to September)
- Private tour for at least 2 people
- Timing is approximate and depends on the weather and the pace of the group members.
- This tour is for people in good physical condition.
- An English-speaking Karen guide
- Transportation to and from Chiang Mai Elephant Friends
- Thai food (vegetarian option available upon request).
- Bamboo Rafting
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses like extra beverages, tips
From and to Chiang Mai Elephant Friends:
1,800 Baht / people if 2 or 3 guests | 1,600 Baht / person if 4 guests or more
From and to Chiang Mai city or the airport:
(If you stay at the resort, the transportation can be the check-in and check-out days)
2,500 Baht / people if 2 or 3 guests | 2,300 Baht / person if 4 guests or more